This version is simpler than the classic one. I’ll put more efforts on this plugin than on the classic one. This is the next generation Category Icons.
It works with more themes than before, example : Prototype or Canvas.
It has an incredibly simple panel settings :
To start using it, just upload your icons (images) via the Media page and assign a category to the image :
Here is the result in the media panel :
If you want to unassign an icon, just select None in the list :
And if you want to view only the category icons, then click on Category icons in the select box :
You can also view which icon is assigned to a category in the Categories panel :
If you like this plugin, please rate it.
- The category name is in the alt & title attributes.
- The plugin now has a panel settings.
- Now the plugin is working with more themes (ex : Canvas, Prototype).
- Bug corrected : if you had 2 categories which names were similar, you could have the same icon for each category (for example : “Network” and “PlayStation Network”) in the sidebar.
- A warning is displayed when you select an already assigned category.
- The icons are displayed in the categories panel.
- In the media panel, you can select ‘Category Icons’ in the filter list to display only the icons.
Download it now !