This is v1.1.1 beta. Speeder & lighter than the original Category Icons. You can download it from WordPress repo. You need WP 3.2, and you must install the KC Settings plugin if you want to have access to the settings panel.
- Bug corrected : if you had 2 categories which names were similar, you could have the same icon for each category (for example : “Network” and “PlayStation Network”) in the sidebar
- Bug corrected : in the category page, only that category icon is displayed in front of the title if the post has more than one category
- Bug corrected : works with multisites
- Now if there is only one icon to display, the display priority is automatically activated
- In the Icons management panel, you’re informed if an image is not found or not displayable
- The put_cat_icons function (used by the widget) works with WP 3.1+
- You can now choose to get the list from put_cat_icons to process it or to display it (default behaviour). Use this to not display the list :
If you want to test the beta version, here it is, but remember : for testing purpose only !